Singing is a form of art. Learning how to sing is a journey of self-discovery, and mastery of a skill that will benefit you for years to come.

The voice lessons are focused on learning the fundamentals of a good vocal technique, specifically posture and breathing.  One of my teachers early in my own training told me: singing is 70% breathing*. The remaining 30% is everything else, intonation, articulation, diction, phrasing and interpretation. I completely support that, therefore I designed a progressive program for beginner students or students with some training (up to Grade 3 RCM or equivalent), which starts with 4 lessons of
Fundamental breathing and air control  - Session 1 - followed by 4 lessons of Fundamental voice production and scales - Session 2. After these two sessions - weekly or bi-weekly - I will evaluate the student to determine if she/he is ready for Session 3, Progressive scales, control and repertoire.
By breathing she referred through the complex physical process of inhaling, suspending,  controlled exhalation leading to correct and effortless phonation.

In my experience I found that too little attention is dedicated to correct breathing and posture, and often a singer progresses to more advanced levels with harmful bad habits that interfere with mastering more demanding repertoire.

Mastery of a skill requires time, work and discipline. The success of my lessons will depend on your dedication and eagerness to learn, on your patience with yourself and on your ability to understand and follow instruction. Don't get discouraged by the technical terms. Session 1 and Session 2 are a series of  interactive breathing and vocal exercises to understand and learn the mechanism of singing. I recommend one or two 1/2 hour session a week, along with practicing at home at least three times a week.  Sessions 3 and intermediate/advanced levels will require 45 min-1 hr sessions once a week, along with practicing 5 days a week.

For intermediate or advanced singers - Grade 5 RCM and up or equivalent experience - I offer an evaluation session of 1 hour, where I will assess the student's current vocal fitness and technique, student's goals and plans, I will make comments to point out strengths and weaknesses and I will discuss how can I contribute to the student's vocal development.

I prepare students for RCM (Royal Conservatory of Music) examinations up to Grade 8 as well as for post-secondary / university level auditions.
I prepare singers for talent contests, auditions, gigs, festivals, and can provide guidance for further training and planning for a career in singing.



Public Speaking:
Learn to project and support your voice when speaking in front of a crowd. This is a skill that goes a long way when you often speak publicly and you want to get your message across with ease.

Theatre/Drama Coaching:
Auditioning for a theatre/musical production? I will help you prepare a monologue focusing on voice projection, articulation, expressive speech and stage presence.

Music theory/Sight reading:
Are you learning an instrument and need help with music theory or sight reading? I incorporate solfege to help you read music better.

Music Composition:
Do you like composing songs but don't know notation? I will teach you how to use Musescore to compose music.


I teach from my home studio in Scarborough, just 2 minutes from 401 @Markham Rd. Please click on the links below for more details or send me an email to


About The Teacher   |   Voice Lessons   |  FAQ   |   Contact   News & Events